I got a lot of emails recently about the status of the project. The project is still alive and a new release of the Grassberry High is scheduled for the end of August.
Some of the new features are:
- RaspberryPi 4 Ready (I'll update the tutorial soon)
- Runs with Docker (for non-nerds, this makes future updates easy as pie): your Grassberry High will always run on the newest version
- Removal of the trial version: you can run all the essential functions for free & forever
- Shifting fully open source: I will make the project completely MIT and upload the new code to GitHub
- More quality: Automatic software testing etc.
- Release of the current wireless boards as open hardware
- New rule types and a new method to apply sensor rules to relays which is way more flexible!
- Introduction of community sales partners. If you are a certified company, you can build the GH and sell it (A lot of people ask where to buy it, this can be your money 😉 )
I underestimated the effort and the required funds to make the product completely wireless. That was the reason why I got stuck. The new version will start with cables, but I hope it gets picked up in the community so that we will grow wireless soon.
So the new Grassberry High will be made by the community for the community.